24.3.11

Pancakes

I know most of you have your own favourite recipe for pancakes. I love the way my Mom makes, very thin pancakes with coconut and sugar filling....oooo...heaven!!!! She used to make it as a 4'o' clock snack... O how I miss my school days!!!!
The batter here is almost the same but I make it thick coz that is how my hubby likes...and also he is not fond of coconut filling, so its honey drizzled for him...the American way....and for my kids, it is Nutella spread.... and O yes, this is my easy way out for a breakfast....
Once I sent a couple of pancakes for my husband's colleagues (I spread honey on each pancake and rolled it) and this is the feedback I got via e-mail.

Honey Roll
It was good in terms of taste and flavor
The roll was soft and mellow

All Purpose Flour:  1 cup
Baking Powder: 1 tsp
Sugar: 2 tbsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Milk: 11/2 cups
Egg: 1

Mix the Flour and baking powder.
Whisk the egg and pour the milk into it and mix properly. Add the sugar to this liquid mix.
Now add the flour mixture to this and make it a smooth paste. If needed, add more milk.
Heat a Non stick griddle and pour a ladle of batter.
Cook both sides and serve hot with your favourite topping/filling.




7 comments:

  1. first time here and I like it ..will be back here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sojo...I think I missed many of your posts....:(...This pancakes look superb...I love the coconut version...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious click...Absolutely mouthwatering..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pancakes in any form and this looks so yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. it would be gr8 if we add flaxseed meal and/or crushed walnuts and/or blueberries !!

    ReplyDelete