14.3.11

Delicious Prawns Masala

This is a variation of the Prawns Roast Ive posted earlier (the recipe I took from Vanitha Magazine). I just changed the cooking method - this recipe comes somewhere between that prawns roast and my tasty fish pickle recipe...  well the end result- DELICIOUS PRAWNS MASALA- that's what my DH said!!!



Prawns: 750 gms (deveined)
Onion: 2 diced
Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 tbsp
Tomato: 2 medium chopped
Green Chilly: 2 slit
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder: 2.5 tsp (adjust to your tolerance level)
Coriander Powder: 1 heaped tsp
Garam Masala: 3/4 tsp
Salt: as required
Oil: as required
Cinnamon: 1 stick
Star Anise: 1
Cloves: 2
Coriander Leaves: 2 tbsp


Marinate the prawns with 1 tsp chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
Keep it aside at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
Fry the marinated prawns in a kadai with 2 tbsp oil.
(Water will ooze out from the prawns, Don't worry...wait till it dries out.)
Now keep the fried prawns aside.
In the same kadai, add more oil, heat it and add the cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
Now add the diced onions and slit green chillies.
When the onions turn slightly brown, add the ginger garlic paste and saute till it is properly browned.
Now add the tomatoes and cook till it is properly mashed.
Add the rest of the chilly powder, coriander powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder, fried prawns and let the prawns get coated with the masala.
Add the garam masala, stir for a minute on low flame.
Add coriander leaves, mix properly and turn off the stove.
Serve hot with rice.

15 comments:

  1. looks very hot n spicy...love your version Sojo..:)
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could put my hands onto ur bowl, Making me wild with drools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. iyooooo kothiyavunne adipoli...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good.... making me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my huss's favie.. Looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spicy and tempting prawn masala! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prawns ente fav sojo..anything with prawns..count in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. first time to ur blog n amaze to c ur recipe collections...glad to follow u ...Prawns masala looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum..yum..yum...
    Hi, I wrked in wipro, Bangalore. didn study. Wer u thr?? No pblm sojo..i wud like to make personal frndships wth each one f u..tht wud make thngs much more colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is an award for you in my blog...pls come and collect it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.

    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about setting up my
    own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Appreciate it
    Here is my weblog ; diet that works

    ReplyDelete