12.3.11

Eggless Orange Moist Cake




Iam feeling a crazy euphoria after baking this cake!!! I had a couple of oranges in my fruit bowl and noone was interested in having it. I had to find a way to use it in some recipe. Finally I decided to do an orange cake.

 Well, the idea of the orange cake started with a chat session I had with my cousin. She asked me for an eggless cake recipe. So I thought I will give my regular recipe- Mrs B.F.Varghese's Eggless cake recipe. 

But then I told my husband "why don't I make a recipe just like how we come up with our own masala to make a chicken curry" Well, he was not convinced neither was I coz from my experience, Baking is a science...you have to go by the rules word to word.... Well, then again I thought.. Ive come up with my own cookies recipes and some were really good... so, I will bake a cake and if it is good, I can share the cake and the recipe...and if it is not, then into the dustbin and start all over again.... well, I did bake the cake with the oranges and much to my surprise, came out well and absolutely delicious and moist!!!


Butter: 3/4 cup
Milk: 3/4 cup
Freshly squeezed Orange juice: 3/4 cup
All Purpose Flour: 11/2 cups
Sugar: 11/4 cups
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder: 1 1/4 tsp


Sift the flour, salt and baking powder.
Powder the sugar in your dry grinder.
Cream the butter and sugar well till light and fluffy.
Add the orange juice and beat again.
Add the milk and mix well (you can work your hand mixer on speed 1)
Now add the flour mixed with the baking powder and salt.
(You can use your handmixer on speed 1)
Now Grease and flour a cake pan.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180C till done.
(The center will rise higher than the edges, and the edges will start to pull away from the sides of the pan)
Allow to cool and enjoy delicious orange flavoured eggless cake.

13 comments:

  1. Hmm... Cakes are my weakness, but never made an Orange one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks super moist and fluffy dear....

    FunWidFud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they look really cool! cute ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange cake looks moist and super soft... Perfect little cupcakes for a snack box

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy looking cake - why don't you enter this for my crazy for cakes event dear - please check details here -http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/02/announcing-second-guest-event.html

    cheers, Priya

    ReplyDelete
  6. cake looks so soft n moist.. First time here and love to follow u!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake sounds and looks moist- perfect for when I'm feeling peckish to go with a cup of chai!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hai..
    can I try this with store bought orange juice... i mean the tetra packed , and 100% juice(which i understand will have no water added) and sugerless??? Real/Tropicana etc. fit in this .
    regards... Valli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Valli,
      Ive never tried it with store bought juice so cant comment on that... but have made this with freshly squeezed juice hundreds of times. And whoever has tried this cake have said it is nice (that would be an understatement, theyve said it is really awesome ;) ). So, since it is orange season, I would suggest you to try with freshly squuezed orange juice.
      Sojo

      Delete
    2. Thanx sooo much... i will go ahead with fresh juice. what we get here is the nagpur variety. Thanx once again..... Valli.

      Delete