2.3.11

Cauliflower Rice

Another variety rice from my kitchen. I usually make variety rice when Iam running short of time. This way I can please my family and at the same time, dont have to cook 4 side dish to go with plain rice!!! There are so many ways to cook cauliflower rice... this is how I do it.. inspiration drawn from chicken biriyani recipe..

Basmati Rice: 2 cups
Cauliflower cut into florets : 3 cups
Onions: 2 medium sliced
Green chilly: 1 slit
Cashewnut: 4
Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
Curd: 1/2 cup
Salt: as required
Ghee: 2 tbsp
Water: 3 1/4cups

Heat the ghee in a kadai and saute the onions till translucent.
Now add the cauliflower, green chillies and and all the masala and saute on low flame.
Sprinkle water and saute for a few minutes till cauliflower is soft.
Add the beaten curd and mix properly.
Add the rice, mix everything on low heat and transfer it into a pressure cooker.
Add 3 1/4 cups water, required salt and close the lid.
When steams starts to come out steadily, keep the weight and wait for 20 seconds and turn off the stove.
Let it remain like that for 20 minutes and  then open the lid.
Serve with raitha and pickles.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and tempting pulao... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the valuable info you supply on your articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I'm relatively certain I'll be informed lots of new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the following!
    Also visit my web page : diets that work

    ReplyDelete