25.5.12

Hyderabadi Chicken Kuruma


This is another recipe I flicked from my Mom in law's collection. :) And I have to say, this is really truly delicious and tastes even better the next day!!!

Chicken: 1 kg

To roast and grind:
Onion:  1sliced
Kus Kus: 1 tsp
Grated Coconut: 3/4 cup
Saunf/Perinjeerakam/Fennel: 2 tsp
Tomatoes: 2
Fry the tomatoes separately and keep aside.
Fry the onion, kus kus, grated coconut and saunf to very light brown and grind it along with the fried tomatoes and keep aside.

For the Curry:
Oil: 2 tbsp
Cinnamon: 1
Cardamom: 1
Cloves: 6
Onion: 2 sliced
Ginger garlic Paste; 1 tbsp
Green Chillies: 4
Chilly Powder: 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder: 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves.

Heat oil and throw in the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
After a few seconds add the onion and when it is light brown, add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
Add the chicken pieces, green chillies, chilly powder and coriander powder and saute for a few minutes.
Now add the ground masala and mix well.
Add salt and cook till chicken is tender.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Naan or Chapati.


13 comments:

  1. Nice recipe..slightly different than the usual kurma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken is my favorite and now I have another recipe to try :)
    http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingerlicking chicken kurma, makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very delicious n yummy chicken curry,nice flavors!!

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yum

    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dish! I love all things Hyderabadi and this is definitely bookmarked now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this has been in my hit list after hydrabadi chicken biriyani... truely tempting! a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my all time fav..perfect version..love it..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so tempting and awesome kurma..happy to follow u..pls visit mine and join in my space:)
    http://indiantastyfoodrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sojo ,

    I'm Punitha of http://southindiafoodrecipes.blogspot.in
    Your recipe looks so delicious!!!
    At your free tims do visit my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have a lovely collection of recipes.. glad to follow you.. do stop by mine sometime dear..

    http://jopreet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete