10.1.11

Very Tasty Fish Pickle

You might be wondering why my title reads very tasty.... everybody knows fish pickle is very tasty... well, I promise you this pickle is tastier than all other tasty recipes of fish pickle. Last month, I was chatting with a friend of mine, Aysha and she, after reading my prawns pickle recipe(where Ive mentioned Dhanya's fish pickle) told me that she still remembers Dhanya's fish pickle- so tasty!!!! I immediately wanted to make it and I mailed Dhanya to ask her for the recipe..but I guess her e-mail id changed and I searched all the networking sites for her... No she isnt registered anywhere!!! : (  But suddenly I remembered once my eldest sister-in-law made prawns pickle which was very tasty and that time I had asked her how she made it, and she told me it is a thick onion tomato based gravy.... which got me interested and asked her the whole recipe.. but till date I hadnt tried it out... but when I made it, it tasted exactly like Dhanya's fish pickle... EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fish fillet: 1 kg cut into small pieces
Garlic: a handful slit lengthwise
Green Chillies: 6 slit
Ginger garlic paste : 3 tbsp
Mustard: 2 tbsp
Onion diced: 1large
Tomato chopped: 2 small
Chilly Powder: 3 tbsp +1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp+ 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek powder: 3/4 tsp
Salt: as required
Vinegar: 1/4 cup
Water: 1/2 cup
Oil: 1/2 cup

 


Make a paste of 1tbsp chilly powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and a tsp salt and rub it on the fish pieces.

Heat oil and deep fry the fishes till crisp followed by the slit garlic and slit green chillies. keep this aside

Now in the remaining oil, splutter the mustard seeds and throw in the diced onions and saute till properly browned.

Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute and then add the tomatoes and saute till limp.

Add all the masalas and saute till oil separates.

Add the fried fish, garlic and greenchillies, water, vinegar and salt and boil for 2 minutes.

Take off fire and when it cools, store in an airtight container.




No comments:

Post a Comment