13.1.11

Egg Pinwheel sandwich

This is a family favourite. At my hubby's place, whenever we go for a picnic, Egg sandwich is a must. My son absolutely loves this....but my daughter will eat it only if I make pinwheel sandwich.. she is fascinated by the shape, I guess.... Well, for her, it needn't be egg inside.... she likes peanut butter the best!!!! So here in Cairo also, whenever we go to the beach, I carry this and I guess our Egyptian driver is fed up!!! (he might be thinking "she doesn't know to make anythinng else"!!!)

For the filling:
Eggs Boiled: 4
Cheese: 1/2 cup (You can substitute cheese with butter or mayonnaise)
Salt and Pepper: as required.

Bread: It would be better if you can buy a full loaf, remove the crust and then slice it horizontally to 5 equal parts and place the filling and roll... but since I don't get a full loaf like that here in my nearest convenient store, this is how I do it...

White Bread: 8
Brown Bread: 4

Mash the boiled egg with a fork and mix it with cheese, salt and pepper.

Remove the crust from the bread slices

Now take 2 white bread and 1 brown bread and place it in such a way that, just the edges overlap. Make sure the brown bread is inthe middle

Now apply a little water on the overlapping edges and press it slightly to keep it together.

Take a rolling pin and flatten out the slices a little.

Spread the filling on each slice of bread.

Roll from one side tightly to create a pin wheel.

Wrap tightly in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.

Take out the plastic wrap, and cut it into smaller pinwheels.

The edge pieces will not look good, so you can eat it and serve the rest.




Sending this recipe to

1 comment:

  1. One of my friend was asking for some sandwich recipes, I'll suggest her your page. This looks really delicious. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete