15.1.11

Cashew Eggless Cookies

My husband's colleague's wife sent across a box of gulab jamuns... hmmmm...it was really yummy and perfectly made!!!! So I wanted to give a return gift and thought of baking  a cake. I started mixing the butter and sugar and as I was going to take the eggs, I suddenly remembered they are vegetarians.. and also I remembered my husband mentioning sometime before they do not even eat cakes as it has eggs!!!! ah!!!! Now what do I do.... so I thought I will make eggless cake, then as I was mixing it, I thought cookies would be a better idea and this recipe was born!!!!

Butter: 1 cup
Cardamom: 5
Sugar: 1 cup
All Purpose Flour: 2 cups
Baking Powder: 1/4 tsp
Cashewnuts: 100gm


Powder the sugar and cardamoms together in a blender and keep aside.

Sift the flour and baking powder together so that the baking powder is properly mixed in the flour. Keep aside.

Now mix the butter and sugar properly.

Now add the flour little by little and make a smooth dough.

Make gooseberry sized balls and place split cashew in the centre by slightly pressing the dough.

Place it on a greased baking tray 1 inch apart.

Bake at 180C till the sides are lightly browned. (It took 20 minutes in my oven... it will vary...so keep an eye)

 It will not be firm when you take it out but cool it properly and you will get crunchy cookies.

Once properly cooled, you can store it in an airtight container and serve it with tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment