22.1.11

Granola Bar

All my recent posts were really calorie laden recipes and I really indulged the whole of last week!!! My mom-in-law gave me a warning signal... saying cooks put on weight very fast.... I guess thats true!!! So I wanted to slow down. And yesterday I got two of my cousins online and when I told them to try out Orappam, both of them said they would love to but not now... Calorie conscious!!!! And when I spoke to my eldest sister-in-law last week, she told me to include some low calorie recipes like salads.... So all this was running in my mind......
.... and today happens to be my brother's birthday...Tho he is in Canada, I was planning to bake a cake so that my kids can cut it and sing Happy Birthday, Ammacha... but.... calories!!!! suddnely I changed my whole plan and thought will do a granola bar... healthy, tasty and guilt free....and this is what I did.. NO SUGAR, NO BUTTER, NO CHOCOLATE, NO EGGS!!!! wanted to add apple sauce instead of peanut butter but I didnt have stock and was in no mood to go out and buy...so I guess next time, I will chuck the peanut butter and make it with apple sauce!!!! hmmmm....


Instant Oats: 2 cups
Wheat flour: 1 cup
Honey: 1 cup
Peanuts: 1 cup
Almonds: 1/4 cup
Peanut butter: 4 tbsp (heaped)
Raisins: 1 cup

Crush the peanuts, chop the almonds and mix all the ingredients properly.
Make sure the honey and peanut butter is properly mixed with the dry ingredients so that u get a sticky mix.
(otherwise it will fall apart when you try to cut the bar)
Now on a greased baking tray, spread the mix and press hard so that it is compact.
Now bake at 170C for 30 minutes or till the edges are brown and the raisins balloon up.
Take it out and once it cools, cut your granola bars to desired shape.

Store it in an airtight container. Enjoy without guilt!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment