23.1.11

Cabbage Fry

This is my favourite vegetable...  I love it best raw and mixed with mayonnaise...hmmmm....
My husband loves cabbage pepper fry as that is how madras mom makes it... but my mother has a habbit of adding garam masala to all stir fries... so one day I made it like that and now my DH is in a dilemma... which is better? Even I can't decide... Both are so yummy!!!!!

Cabbage chopped: 2 cups
Onion chopped: 1
Ginger: 1 tsp diced
Garlic: 1 tsp diced
Green Chillies: 2 split
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Salt: as required


Heat Oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds.
Throw in the onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and saute for half a minute.
Now add the cabbage, turmeric powder and salt and saute on low heat.
The cabbage will cook in its own water and also the oil helps!!!
When it is almost done, add the garam masala and again saute for a minute.
Turn off stove and serve hot with rice.



Linking this recipe to
 
For beginners...

1 comment:

  1. Delicious stir fry, perfect side dish. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete