21.1.11

Cheera Thoran



I hated cheera all my childhood.. so I just can't force my kids to have(guilty conscience) but if I make Spinach dal, Ro boy will have it.... So how do I make them eat the thoran.... just what every other mom does... Oh yes...tell em about POPEYE's strength!!!! so now my son eats spinach thoran to recharge his super hero strength!!!


Spinach: a bunch (Here I used Mysore Cheera or Velicheera)

Onion: 1 medium diced
Mustard: 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Coconut grated:1/2 cup
Garlic: 2 cloves (optional)
Green chillies: 3
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 2 tsp
Salt: as required

Wash and drain the spinach.
chop in to thin strips.
Coarsely grind coconut, garlic, greenchillies, cumin seed and turmeric powder
Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard.
Throw in the diced onion and saute for a minute.
Now add the spinach, ground paste and salt.
Sprinkle water while cooking
Cook till done.


No comments:

Post a Comment