4.4.11

Cherry mixed Chocolate Muffins

Well, this post comes a little late. I baked this cake to celebrate India's world cup victory!!! When India won the world cup, I wanted to make a sweet and I searched through my pantry and I got this can of cherry which I had bought to bake a blackforest.... But I didnt have the rest of the ingredients for a Blackforest cake... So suddenly I thought I will make a chocolate cake mixed with cherry and I have to say, the cake is excellent!!! My son just loved it (which really is a surprise coz he hates any kinds of fruits or nuts in his cake). This is again my own recipe which I came up with as I started to bake, coz I had only 4 eggs in the fridge, and only 1 tsp of vanilla powder, 1 cup cherry...  but I have to tell you, the end result was more than satisfying as it stayed moist and absolutely delicious.



Powdered Sugar: 2 cups
Butter: 1 cup
Eggs: 4
All Purpose Flour: 11/2 cups
Baking Powder: 1 1/4 tsp
Vanilla powder: 1 tsp
Cocoa Powder: 6 tsp
Hot Water: 1/5 cup
Cherry: 1 can (when drained, it was exactly 1 cup)


Add the baking powder and vanilla powder to the flour and sift thrice.
 (If you are using liquid vanilla essence, then add it while you are beating the eggs)
Drain the cherries, deseed and chop roughly
Preheat the oven to 180C
Butter and flour muffin tray or alternately line it with muffin cups.
Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add the eggs and beat again.
Now mix the cocoa powder in the hot water and add to the butter mix and beat again till everything is properly blended.
Now fold in the flour and the chopped cherry.
Fill the cups to 3/4 full.
Bake till done. (it took 20 minutes in my oven, time will vary so please keep an eye)




7 comments:

  1. Muffins look very delicious and yummy! They're soft...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE CAKE IS VERY delicious marvelous GOOD WORK
    H.R Pidilite
    Hossam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanku so much Mr Hossam, for the feedback. It was a pleasure baking for you all to celebrate India's victory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a way to celebrate the win!!! yumm !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... what a beautiful and tasty treat that is!
    A BIG YAYYY for team India-hope they continue their winning streak!!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy cherry muffins.Hooray to our cricket team.

    ReplyDelete