8.4.11

Kadai Paneer

This is my hubby's favourite paneer dish and mine too- well me likes it not only for its taste, but also for the fact that this was the first paneer dish Ive ever made in my life... 2 weeks into my marriage, and my husband bought me a cook book from Coimbatore Nilgiris- 100 vegetarian dishes or something like that- Iam so ashamed to admit that I lost the book and don't remember the name!!!!
Well, this recipe might not be exactly like how it was in the book coz Ive done my fair share of additions and deletions due to preference over the years!!! Whatever, it tastes absolutely delicious, fabulous, heavenly and yummy!!!!!!

Paneer: 250 gms cubed
Capsicum: 1 large cubed (I used red bell pepper here)
Tomato: 1 medium quartered
Butter: 1 tbsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Onions: 2 diced
Green Chillies: 2 slit
Ginger Garlic paste: 2 tsp
Tomato paste: 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce: 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder: 1 tbsp
Chilly powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Kasoori methi: 1 tsp
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp


Melt the butter in a shallow pan and lightly fry the paneer and keep aside
In a kadai, heat the oil and splutter cumin.
Throw in the onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute till wilted
Add coriander powder, chilly powder and turmeric powder and saute on low flame.
Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce and saute for a minute.
Add the capsicum, required salt and let it cook for sometime, but make sure it is still crisp
Add the quartered tomatoes and saute again for a few minutes but it shouldnt go limp.
(it should be a lil cooked but should remain like quartered tomatoes)
Add the kasoori methi followed by paneer and mix eveything properly
Switch off the flame and serve hot with rotis.

8 comments:

  1. Love to have it with chapathis... Yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. so delicious and yummy !! goes well with rotis !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this recipe....great with pulao...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I agree with Vimitha... Love it with Chappathi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy paneer dish! Our all time fav.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic...irresistibly yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kadai dishes are one of my favorites. Your paneer dish looks too delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious- I make it almost the same way..

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete