9.4.11

Vanilla Cocoa Pound Cake


The beginning of this academic year, I attended a parents orientation at my son's school. My restless, very naughty 2 yr old was also with me and I was really having a tough time managing her while trying my best to listen to what the director was briefing us. Seeing my plight, another parent gave a packet to my daughter to keep her occupied for sometime. It was a vanilla cocoa pound cake and what did my daughter do? She forced it into my mouth with both her hands. Such an embarassing situation but I really liked the cake coz it was only mildly sweet- what I means is the sugar was not overpowering!!- They say hunger is the best sauce, don't know if I was hungry or was it that I was under stress...I don't know but the cake was superb!!! and this is how I tried to replicate it and well, I did succeed.


Butter: 100gm
All Purpose Flour: 250 gm
Baking Powder: 2.5 tsp
Vanilla Essence: 1 tsp
Powdered Sugar: 200 gm
Eggs: 2
Milk: 240 ml
Cocoa Powder: 3 tbsp
Milk: 60 ml

Grease and flour muffin tray.
Preheat oven to 200C
Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla essence and beat till everything is properly mixed
Now fold in the flour and the 240 ml milk alternately.
Divide the batter into two.
To one portion add the cocoa powder mixed in the 60 ml milk.
In the muffin tray, pour 1 heaped tbsp vanilla batter and 1heaped tbsp cocoa batter alternately till it is 3/4 full
Bake for 20 minutes or till done.
Allow to cool and serve at room temperature.


The round cake below is what I baked and the square one is store bought, which I tried to replicate.



Linking this to Show me your muffin hosted by Divya of Dil Se

14 comments:

  1. Hmmm yum... That looks so inviting and very nice clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an intereting looking cake - love the chocolate marble veins running through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them looks very similar... good job, Sojo....N your blog is really shining in its new dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these look so cute !! so tempting and yummy pound cake !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic...irresistibly yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This looks perfect and yummy!! Superb recipe..Will surely give this a try soon..Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I'd love to have a piece from the screen! Awesome texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl, you are into too much baking these days...it's infectious! I'm a cupcake fan just like my kids and I loved your marble cake..! I'm gonna go bake something for tea this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy,delicious cake...luks very soft...

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...perfect dear...tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too baked a batch vanilla chocolate muffins this evening- I personally love them as they are simple to whip up and satisfy varied tastes- yours look perfect - the texture n shape is really nice!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to have landed in your blog. First time here. Love the replication. could not differentiate between the baked and store bought one. so good. bookmarked. thanks for sharing the recipe. Following you. do stop by mine when you find time.
    http://ticklingpalates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so yummy, I love to eat it so much with green tea, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete