24.4.11

Banana Whole Wheat Bread


If your child refuses to eat those healthy bananas, you can sneak them in by making bread or muffins. I bought a kilo banana 3 days back and noone was interested in even looking at it...
Since kids hate any food that is good for them, the healthy stuff usually sit there and rot and finally goes into the trash. So today I was determined that I will not throw it away but make something fun and healthy too and this is what I did.

Whole Wheat flour: 2 cups
Nutmeg Powder: 3/4 tsp
Caraway seeds: 1 tsp
Baking Powder: 1.5 tsp
Vanilla essence: 1.5 tsp
Olive Oil: 1/4 cup
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Low Fat Milk: 1/2 cup
Very Ripe Bananas: 4 (2 cups mashed)


Preheat oven to 180C
Grease and flour a loaf pan
Sift the flour, nutmeg powder, salt and Baking powder.
Mix in the caraway seeds.
Add the Olive oil, milk, vanilla essence and the mashed banana and fold in with a spoon.
(it wont be a smooth batter- don't bother!!!)
Now pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake till the top is brown
(it took 40 mts in my oven..it will vary, so keep an eye)





7 comments:

  1. Healthy n delicious bread! Its my hubbys fav and I make it often..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bananas in bread it gives a superb flavor.. love this whole health packed bread..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sojo banana bread looks delicious substituting with whole wheat makes it healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy and yummy looking bread... Lovely texture...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very healthy and looks so inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. healthy and delicious bread !!

    ReplyDelete