6.12.10

Wheat Crepes

All you mothers of school going kids might understand what it means to plan the breakfast. For me, it is the biggest tension. Should I make puttu or idiyappam or dosa... oh no I didnt prepare the batter... Wish I had appam batter, then it would have been easier... or How I wish my kids would take bread or cornflakes day after day!!!! Well the wish list and what to make list will go on and on and it will be time for your child to take the school bus. On such days, I somehow end up making wheat crepes or Gothambu dosa. It is the easiest breakfast to make coz no fermentation is required and it can be made in a matter of minutes and if you have grated coconut in the freezer...ah bliss!!! chutney will also be ready in seconds!!! So today was such a day for me....

Wheat Flour: 2 Cups
Salt: as required
Oil: as required
Water: as required.

Mix the salt with wheat flour.
 Now add water and keep stirring with a spoon till you get a thin batter.
Make sure no lumps are formed

Once this consistency is reached, your batter is ready for wheat crepes. Yes, the consistency is thinner than the normal dosa batter.
Now heat a non stick tawa, and pour a ladle of batter and spread like for dosa/crepe
Grease all corners.Cook both sides.
When it is creamish brown on both sides, it is ready to serve.
It tastes better hot and with red chilly chutney.
                                              

                                               

1 comment:

  1. well this one is my easy way out for breakfast .I tell we have wheat pancakes drizzled with honey .Praveen will like ayoo gotham dosha.

    ReplyDelete