10.12.10

Prawns Roast

This is an excellent recipe for prawns roast. No, I didn't come up with this... I took this from the 2005 issue of Pachakam from Vanitha Publication. I love the recipes given in Vanitha... You can never go wrong with their recipes!!! This recipe is a toddy shop recipe for prawns roast. My 2nd sister-in -law(co-sister), Binnu has been asking me for this recipe for the past 3 years coz she can't read malayalam. Ive been wanting to translate it for so long but i guess was too lazy.... but today I've decided to do it...

Prawns: half kilo
Onions: 3 medium
Green chillies: 3
Dried red chillies:2
Ginger:1 inch piece
Garlic: 8 pods
Tomato: 1 medium
Chilly powder: 1 tsp
Pepper powder: 2 tsp
Turmeric powder: a pinch

Marinate the prawns with 1 spoon pepper powder, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt and cook with a little water.
Saute the Onions, ginger, garlic, greenchillies and dried red chillies till onions turn brown.
Add the rest of the pepper powder, chilly powder and the cooked prawns and saute for 2 minutes.
Now add the tomato and saute for another 2 minutes.
Delicious prawns roast is ready!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment