13.12.10

White Ada

Sharkkara Ada, Karupura Ada, Gothambada, Ela ada, ari ada, panjasaara ada........ so many varieties. when I was pregnant, I remember how I craved for Ela ada and since I was bed ridden, couldnt make on my own....and I still remember explaining to my helper how to make it (she was a tamilian and had never even heard of this dish before)... to the curious ones out there... yes, she finally came up with excellent ela ada... and started making it regularly!!!!  Gothambada was a favourite at my place and my grandmom used to make ari ada with sugar.
At my Madras mom's place it is White Ada... Ada made with rice flour, coconut, onions, ginger and green chillies.... and it goes well with chicken or beef stew.




Rice flour: 2 cups
Onion: 1 small chopped fine
Ginger: 1/2 inch chopped fine
Green chilly: 1 small chopped fine
Grated coconut: 3/4 cup
Boiling water: 1.25 cups (maybe a little more)
Saltl: as required

Mix the chopped onions, ginger, greenchillies, salt and coconut well with the rice flour.
Add the boiling water and mix properly with a spoon.
When you can handle the mix, make a pliable dough
Now take a small amount of dough (a passion fruit sized ball) on a plastic sheet and spread it into a circle with your finger tips.
Transfer it into a heated non stick pan. (Optional: you can grease the corners)
Turn and cook the other side also.
Tastes good hot with chicken stew. (Chicken stew recipe is here )




No comments:

Post a Comment