28.12.10

Pineapple pacchadi



















I sooo have a sweet tooth and at the same time, I love spicy food too... and as Ive mentioned before, I love sadya too!!!! so this is one of my favourite dish which is super sweet, spicy and sour too... This is also one of the dishes from the sadya menu and is made from fresh pineapples. But, Iam too lazy for that, I use canned pineapple (I even use the syrup for an extra dash of sweetness and it is really tasty, believe me!!!) and here is my recipe.

Pineapple rings: 6
Pineapple syrup: 1/4 cup
Green chillies: 2 slit
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Coconut grated: 4 heaped tbsp
Cumin seeds: 3/4 tbsp
Curd: 1 cup
Salt
Mustard: 1 tsp
Dried Red chillies: 2
Curry Leaf: 1 sprig

Cut the pineapple rings into small cubes and cook it with 1/4 cup syrup, half cup water, turmeric, green chillies and salt till soft.
Meanwhile grind the coconut and cumin seeds into a very smooth paste.
Add the paste to the cooked pineapple and simmer for 5 minutes.
Make sure the water is almost dried.
Now turn off the stove and mix in the curd.
Season with spluttered mustard, dried redchillies and curry leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment