26.12.10

Egg Puffs

I've been very sentimental this whole week-  It was a lonely Christmas!!! As I was staring at the Christmas tree, memories came flooding back to my mind... My childhood christmas, Christmas with friends in hostel, Christmas with Kochu's family.. and this year, it was just the four of us and we really missed India. So, just to feel at home, I thought I will bake puffs (something which we won't get here!!!). But this also brought a tear to my eye... I remembered Tiruvalla Best Bakery puffs, Mallapally Town Bakery puffs, then Bangalore Iyengar Bakery puffs, Christ College Kiosk puffs,Chennai Hot puffs and also Vergheson Puffs which daddy buys.... ah!!!!! well, I will keep my sob story to myself... here's the recipe!!!

Pastry Sheet- 8 (You will get square pastry sheets at the freezer section of any super market)
Boiled Eggs: 4
Egg white: of 1 egg

For the masala:
Onion: 1 diced
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Tomato paste: 1 tbsp
Chilly powder: 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
Salt and Oil : as required



Heat oil in a non stick pan and saute the onions and ginger garlic paste till onions turn brown.
Now add the tomato paste and the masalas with a tbsp water and saute for 2 minutes.
Add required salt and again mix properly.
Your masala is ready.

Now take one pastry sheet and keep a spoon of masala and half of one egg.
Seal the pastry sheet using a fork.
Brush egg whites on the pastry sheets (for the nice golden colour)
Bake in a preheated oven (200C) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment