10.2.13

Srilankan Spicy Fish Curry

This is another recipe I learnt on my Srilankan trip. Remember I told u'll how I met a Tamil chef in a restaurant there? Siva was kind enough to give me the recipes of all the finger licking dishes I had there. This is Srilankan fish curry that we had at the restaurant. It was so spicy that my son started crying and my husband was sweating like anything!!! But I so loved it. Here Iam giving the Spicy version but you can reduce the green chillies according to your tolerance level.



King fish: 6 slices
Onion: 1 medim quartered
Tomato: 1 medium chopped
Green Chillies: 8-10 ( o yes, but please reduce if you serve it to kids)
Curry leaves: 2 sprigs
Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
Salt: as needed
Thin Coconut milk: 1 cup
Thick coconut milk: 1/2 cup

To Temper:
Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: 1 sprig

Mix all the ingredients (except the thick coconut milk and the ingredients under "to temper") and cook on medium flame until done.

Add the thick coconut milk and let it boil along the edges.
Take off fire.
Add coconut oil in a kadai and splutter mustard and curry leaves and pour over this curry.
Serve with rice.


1 comment:

  1. Won't the taste be similar to our thengapal fish curry

    ReplyDelete