17.10.12

Aval Payasam


I made this to celebrate a promotion. Ive been promoted as admin in a facebook group (sounds, silly???). Well, not to me!!! thats my favourite group with just my BESTEST buddies and I can be myself with them anytime and we have the best time ever in the virtual world just like how we used to have when we were together a decade ago!!!!

Aval/rice flakes/Poha: 1 cup ( the brown one)
Sugar: 1 cup
Milk: 4 cups
Cardamom: 1 tsp
Ghee: 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Cashewnuts: 5 or as required



Fry the Cashew nut in 1 tbsp ghee and keep aside.
Wash the Aval in water and pat dry.
Heat ghee in a vessel and stir in the aval till it is well coated with the ghee.
Add the boiled milk to this and let it come to a boil.
Add sugar and let it simmer for sometime till the aval gets cooked and a thick consistency is reached
Add cardamom powder and stir everything. If it is too thick, add a little more milk.
Take off fire and stir in the fried cashewnuts.



6 comments: