21.2.13

Strawberry Oatmeal Bar




What do you do when you have Oats and Jam in your larder and no one is wanting to even look that way. Well, if you are NOT like me, you will search for a recipe to use that in something. Well, I was too lazy to even do that, so I dumped both into the fridge to keep it safe for atleast a few more days. And what happens? Maybe God also didnt want me to be lazy and wasting things. Today I open my mail and I get this notification that Pioneer Woman has made Strawberry Oatmeal bars... OOlalala, I go there just to read her post and see her clicks. O how I love her!!! and guess what, that was the easiest recipe ever and I had all the ingredients in my fridge except salt (that I had on the kitchen counter). And in a second I was measuring the ingredients and in a few minutes, the mix was inside the oven. And in half an hour I was having it hot. It is soooooooooooooooooo goooooood....
 So you can check her out here


Butter:  1 3/4 stick (a lil less than a cup)
Maida: 1 1/2 cups
Oats: 1 1/2 cups
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder: 1 tsp
Strawberry Jam/Preserve: 1/2 bottle

Preheat oven 180C
Mix all the ingredients except the preserve.
Butter a baking a tray and sprinkle half the mix to the pan and press to pack it tight.
Now spoon the jam/preserve and spread it evenly (heat the jam for 30 sec in microwave so that it spreads without dragging the oats mix along)
Now sprinkle the rest of the oats mix on top and press/pat lightly so that it is packed on top.
Bake for 30-40 minutes till golden brown.

5 comments: