14.2.13

Orange Cake in Microwave Convection

I hate baking in Microwave. For me all the perfect cakes are made in electric ovens or the Cooking range. But I have had so many people asking me how to do cakes in microwave. So now for them Iam trying to do it. This Cake is from The Cake Bible. Ive tweaked the recipe a lil bit, I mean, very slight changes.
 So how do I like it? Well, the cake is good, came out well but still I love the plain old regular oven (old habits die hard!!!!... :)



Maida: 11/2 cup or 300gms ( remove 3 tbsp from this)
Vanilla Flavoured Custard Powder; 3 tbsp
Baking Powder: 1.5 tsp
sugar: 3/4 cup (powder it)
Butter: 3/4 cup
Orange zest: of 1 orange
Orange Juice: 3 tbsp
Milk: 3 tbsp
Eggs:3



Sift together the maida, custard powder and baking powder.
Mix the orange zest and powdered sugar thoroughly.
Cream the butter and the sugar.
Beat the eggs and the milk and add to the butter mix and beat again.
Mix in the Flour mix. Beat slightly till all is mixed (Do not overbeat)
Add the orange juice.
Grease and flour a cake tin.
Pour the batter into it and smooth the top.
Press the convection button for 180C and press the start button.
When the Oven beeps, place the tin on the grill rack and keep it inside the oven.
Press convection again for 170C and start the oven.
After 10 minutes, change to 160C and bake for another 40 minutes. (keep an eye after 30 minutes)
Let it cool before turning into a wirerack.
Slice and enjoii... :)

 If you are using regular oven, Preheat to 180C and then bake at 180C till done.

11 comments:

  1. Super spongy and fabulous cake,love to have a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling here...Happy valentines day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so perfect..wanted to try a citrus flavored cake..will try this sometime and let you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as ABC. Best Convection Microwaves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this recipe sounds amazing! I have always loved baking orange and lemon cakes and since I’m still learning I wanted to bake one on convection mode because I recently made a chocolate cake on convection mode as well. I was nervous thinking that convection mode might not work for orange/ lemon cakes but then I came across your blog and now I’m gonna try it! Thanks 😀

    ReplyDelete