11.2.12

Fruit, Nut and Coconut flakes Chocolate Bark


 Valentines day and what goes hand in hand with that??  It is Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. So this time, from my kitchen comes a homemade chocolate. Well, when I think of homemade chocolates, again the chocolates we get in Ooty comes to my mind. wow, wow, wow... well, this came close to that. I got the idea of making this while I was bloghopping one day and came to Puja's space. Then I did a bit of research and came up with my own thing with inputs from everywhere. :)

Cooking Chocolate: 250 gms
Butter: 1.5 tbsp
Coconut flakes: 1/5 cup
Mixed Dried Fruits: 1/2 cup ( I bought mixed dried fruit which had blueberries, raisins and cranberries)
Mixed Toasted nuts: 1/2 cup
(I bought mixed nuts which included coconut flakes as well. The nuts included walnut, pistachios, almonds)


Melt the cooking chocolate in the microwave for a minute. Add the butter to it and let it all melt and combine. (Depends on the microwave as to how much time it takes, it got done in 2 minutes on mine)
Now line a tin with parchment paper or Aluminium foil (I used aluminium foil)
Spread the chocolate on it.
Now scatter the nuts and fruits and the coconut flakes on it and slightly press it onto the chocolate layer.
Keep this refrigerated till it is set.
Cut or break the bark into small irregular pieces.















 
 

7 comments:

  1. i luv this fruit n nut chocolate...The best to serve this season..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one awesome snack..:)) perfect for those cosy evenings..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome fruit & nut chocolate!! Looks superb!!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Dish For Loved Ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy with the tasty nuts. Thx for linking to the event.

    Vardhini
    Event: Sweet Luv
    Event: Strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks super yummy & inviting..;)

    ReplyDelete