29.2.12

Idly Fry

Usually Idly fry is made with mini idlys (small idlys). This is something I order for sure when I go to my favourite restaurant in Chennai. Since I dont have a mini-idly plate here in Cairo, I make it by chopping left over Idlys made in the normal Idly plate. And whenever I make this, it gets over in matter of SECONDS!!!!

Idly : 16
Oil: 1 cup
Idly Chutney Powder: 2 tbsp
Or 
Chilly Powder: 1.5 tbsp (You can increase or decrease according to your tolerance level)
Salt: as required



Chop the Idlys into bite size pieces
Deep fry till light brown.
Drain it on absorbant paper and coat it with either Idly chutney powder or Chilly powder and salt.
Serve hot as starters.



9 comments:

  1. That would make a perfect snack / munch on Sojo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all time favorite!! You are tempting me so much with these lovely clicks that I'll have to make them in evening itself. :)

    Event : Cakes, Cookies and Desserts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cuties, ideal for an evening snack..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crunchy idlies..Glad to c pretty idlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Looks good Soj! I keep coming to your blog to get some cooking inspiration! Mariam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fried idlis with pody sprinkled on top..

    ReplyDelete