23.2.11

Masala Peanuts

Oh how I love peanuts!!! I always used to say that peanut is my favourite nut.... until a year back...when I became all health conscious and actually found out that peanut actually is not a nut, but a legume!!! So now it has become my favourite bean!!! howzaat??????? This preparation is my all time favourite and I love to have it with hot chai!!!

Raw peanuts: 1/2 kg
Chilly powder: 2 tbsp
Salt: as required
Asafoetida: a pinch
Oil: 2 cups

Heat oil in a kadai on medium flame and fry the peanuts till done.
(Do it in one layer batches)
Once all the peanuts are fried, transfer it in to another kadai and mix, salt, chilly powder and asafoetida.
Now again heat it on stove on low flame for 2 minutes and yes- keep stirring!!!
Turn off the stove, transfer it into a bowl and allow it to cool.
Once cool, store it in airtight containers.

1 comment: