22.2.11

Guava Jam

Guava is my dad's favourite fruit. We have 3 guava trees back home in Kerala and when I was in school, mom always used to make guava jams and jellies. Once when I started college, It was me instead of mom making the preserves. Very easy to make and I love to spread it on crackers...hmmm absolutely delicious!!!!

Guava cut in to small pieces: 4 cups
Water: 2 cups
Sugar: 2 cups
Vinegar: 2 tsp
Cinnamon: 1 stick

Take a pot, add all the ingredients and bring to a boil on high heat.
Now reduce the heat to medium and let it cook for 45 minutes. Stir in between so that it doesn't stick to the pot.
Turn off the stove and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Now pour it through a metal sieve to separate the seeds. You will have to use a spoon to completely squeeze out the juice.

Now transfer it again to the pot and add 1/4 cup water, cinnamon stick and boil it again on low heat for 20-30 minutes till it thickens
Transfer it into bottles and store in refrigerator.


1 comment:

  1. That is interesting... Will try it one day... when I get Guava..

    ReplyDelete