5.6.15

Lazy Daisy Cake/ Lazy Daisy Topping on a Lightning Cake



This is a recipe I got through a whatsapp chat. A dear childhood friend, Priya Andrews sent me this and she told me that this is amazing and I should try it. Yes, I did and o yeah, so so so so delicious...just melt in the mouth goodness!!!!!!!
I doubled her recipe and got 3 cakes. So I will give the doubled measurements.

For the Cake:
Eggs: 4
vanilla: 2 tsp
Beat this two well.

To this Beat in, a little at a time
Sugar: 2 cups

Now sift together:
All purpose flour: 2 cups
Baking Powder: 2 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp

Stir this flour mix into the egg mix.

Heat until the butter melts
Hot milk: 1 cup
Butter: 2 tbsp
Stir this butter and milk mixinto the first mixture and beat until smooth.
Pour into pan and bake till done.
This cake by itself is called the lightning cake.





Lazy Daisy Topping:

Butter: 1/2 cup or 1 stick
Cashew nuts: 1 cup chopped
Brown sugar: 3/4 cup packed
Fresh Cream: 2 tbsp





Mix all this. Beat on low. Spread over the cake and then put under broiler and cook till lightly browned. Watch carefully and turn so that the topping browns evenly. 
I put on broiler mode and kept it on the 2nd rack from top and turned in betweem. But dont cook for more than 4 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment