25.11.11

Uzhunnu Vada/ Medu Vada/ Urud Dal Vada

I absolutely love this...  I can have this for every single meal from breakfast through dinner!!!.. But no, I dont do it coz If I did, I would be very famous in the neighbourhood for the lady with the jiggliest arms!!! Unlike Parippu Vada (although deep fried isnt greasy) this is really greasy!!!




Urud Dal: 2 cups
Shallots Chopped: a handful (8-10)
Ginger: 1 tsp minced
Green Chillies: 2 chopped
Pepper: 5 crushed
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Salt: as needed
Oil: for deep frying
Soda Bi carbonate: 1 tsp
Soak the Urud Dal in water for 2- 3  hours.
Grind it without adding water.
Pulse the shallots, ginger, curryleaves, pepper and green chillies just once and add to the urud dal batter.
Add required salt and mix well.
Heat oil.
Wet your palms, scoop a ball from the batter, flatten it and make a hole in the centre.
Drop it in oil and fry till golden brown.
Serve with coconut chutney.

2 comments: