28.11.11

Fried Prawns in Orange based sauce

This is my hubby's recipe. I was a little apprehensive when I saw him adding orange juice to make the sauce. But believe me, it tasted soooo goood that it got over within minutes of making. All four of us (hubby, me and kids) are big fans of this preparation. This recipe was born from watching a cookery show that used orange juice as the base for the sauce for a meat preparation.

Prawns: 500 gm
Egg Whites: 2
Salt : as needed
White Sesame Seeds: 11/2 tsp
Corn Starch: 3 tbsp
Oil: For deep frying


Devein the prawns. Whisk the egg whites.  Add salt, sesame seeds and Corn Starch.
Mix everything properly.
Dip the prawns in this batter and deep fry. Keep aside.


For the sauce

Orange Juice: 250 ml
Pepper: 1 tsp
Soya Sauce: 2 tsp
Garlic Minced: 1 tbsp
Ginger Minced: 1 tbsp
Sugar: 1 heaped tsp
Spring onion: for garnsih


In a kadai, mix all the ingredients for the sauce and let it boil.
Lower the flame and let it simmer till the sauce reduces a bit.
Pour this over the fried prawns and serve warm as an appetizer.

3 comments:

  1. Yum yum, just drooling over that fried prawns..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me that plate,feel like finishing it rite now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. next tym u make this am gonna invite myself to u r place....

    ufff...mouth watering....

    ReplyDelete