4.2.09

Mushroom masala fry

This one is dedicated to my husband. Last night I was really lazy to cook anything. When I looked at the time, it was 8:30 pm. All the more reason for me to take a home delivery menu card, coz I hate getting into the kitchen after 7 pm. It runs in the family I think coz back home we have dinner by 7 pm. But my husband will never touch food before 9:30pm. And he likes it straight from the pan to his plate. Okay… back to where I started… anyways, I had to cook… no excuses… well, my very sweet neighbour, Indu had bought me a packet of mushrooms. Ha, now what do I do with it… see what I did!!!
And oh!!!!!! My husband just loved it!!!!!!! He said it was too good!! If he says that, it surely is!!!

Ingredients:
Mushroom: 1 packet
Onions: 2-3 chopped fine
Garlic- 4 chopped fine
Ginger: 1 inch chopped fine
Greenchilles: 2 chopped fine
Tomatoes: 2 chopped fine
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Chilly powder: 1 teaspoon
Pepper powder: 2 tea spoons
salt

Method:
Chop the mushrooms and mix it with all the other ingredients except tomatoes and salt. Keep it aside for 10 minutes (that’s the time I took to knead the dough for chapattis)
Now heat oil in a kadai (atleast 3 tablespoons ) . Splutter mustard, curry leaves and then add the mushroom mixture and fry on a low flame for sometime. See if the mushroom is cooked. When it is almost done, add the tomatoes and salt and keep stirring till the tomatoes are cooked well. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment