12.5.13

Prawns Pepper Fry


In 2010 May, my Dad, bro and I made a trip to Trivandrum. I had some work there and they both accompanied me. On our way back, we ate at a restaurant and one of the dishes we ordered was Prawns Pepper Fry. It tasted soooooooooooooooooooo good and this is how I recreated it after that trip. This recipe is a regular at my home now.

Prawns; 1/2 kg
Onion; 1 diced
Onion: 1 sliced thin
Garlic: 6 cloves minced
Green Chillies; 5 slit
Pepper Powder: 1.5 - 2 tsp

To marinate the Prawns:
Chilly Powder: 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp

Oil, curry leaves and Salt : as needed

Heat oil in a kadai and fry the green chillies for a minute and then add the garlic.
After a minute add the diced onion and saute till wilted
Add the marinated prawns and let it get cooked.
When it is almost done, add the sliced onions, green chillies and saute everything properly.
Do a taste test and add more salt if needed.
Add pepper, give everything a quick mix and take off fire.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These prawns look delectable! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love prawns pepper fry! If that were on the menu it would be my first choice :D The dish looks super tempting and easy

    ReplyDelete