30.5.11

Potato Thoran


I hated potatoes as a child and my Kids?....They just adore it.... anything with potato is a big hit at home and my son wants either potato mezhukkupuratty or potato thoran with his rice everyday!!!! Here is my recipe



Potatoes: 2 medium cut lengthwise like for french fries
Green Chillies: 3 slit
Mustard: 1/2 tsp
Dried red chillies: 2
Onion: 1 small chopped fine
Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
Oil and Salt: as needed
Coconut grated: 1 cup

Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard and dried chillies.
Throw in the onions, add turmeric and salt and saute for a minute on low flame.
Now add the sliced potatoes, saute again on a low flame.
Now add the coconut grated and mix everything properly, keep the lid and let it cook on a low flame.
When the potatoes are cooked (it should be just cooked, do not mash it), turn off stove and serve with rice.



7 comments:

  1. There are some BIG potato lovers in my household so I will definitely be trying the recipe :) Looks great!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back after a long time with my favorite poriyal... Simple and flavorful recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never say no to potatoes, just love it as any forms, thoran looks super delicious and yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie, where have you been? Missed you!

    You know, I'm a sucker for potatoes. Just like my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, drool-worthy poriyal,simply inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple yet delicious and wonderful recipe !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Sojo,potato thoran looks superb.

    ReplyDelete